9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
Room: Grand Nave Foyer, Lower Level
9:45 – 10:00 a.m.
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Funding Community Facilities, Water, Environmental Programs, and More
- California State Director for USDA Rural Development Maria Gallegos Herrera
10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Voter Limitation Initiative Briefing
11:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Legislator of the Year Presentation: State Senator John Laird
- Chair of Senate Climate Working Group
- Member of Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee
- Former Secretary of California Natural Resources Agency
11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
Keynote Address: Little Hoover Commission Chair Pedro Nava
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Begin meal service
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Lunch with Policy Leaders, Featuring Panel on Special Districts Confronting Drought, Floods, Fire, and Climate Adaptation
Lunch Sponsored by SitelogiQ
- Little Hoover Commission, Chair Pedro Nava
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Chief Sustainability, Resilience, and Innovation Officer Liz Crosson
- Reclamation District 1000, Board President Elena Lee Reeder
- Tehama County Resource Conservation District, District Manager Jon Barrett
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
State Legislative Update
CSDA’s lobbyists share insights on the biggest issues in Sacramento affecting special districts
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Afternoon available for attendees to independently schedule meetings in Sacramento as desired
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Legislative Reception at Mayahuel
Reception Sponsored by SDRMA
1200 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814